Select Your Vehicle
Vancouver's Trusted Car Rental Company
We are a local car rental company proudly serving Vancouver, Downtown Vancouver and all of Lower Mainland. We are located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver on Robson St. We offer great value at affordable rates. Our mission is to make sure our customers are completely satisfied. Our fleet of cars comprises of newer, well-maintained cars so that you have a great experience. Choose from a range of our cars: compact/economy, intermediate, full-size cars, economy-size SUV mid-size SUV and full-size SUV. Our team has over a decade of experience in the car rental industry. Whether you need the car for a day or for extended periods i.e. monthly car rental Vancouver, we are here to help you with all your car rental needs in Vancouver.
We have customer helpline to make sure you get the help when you need it. Our goal is not only to provide you safe and reliable fleet of cars for rent, but also to offer you a wow experience. We offer deals and discounts from time to time on our car rentals such as students discounts making us an affordable car rental agency in Vancouver, BC. We accept both cash, credit and debit deposits.
We also offer car rental plans for small to mid-size businesses, larger corporations and film production companies. Ask our car rental agent today for our special rates and vehicle options.
We are the only few car rental companies that are Reviewed and Certified by BBB – Better Business Bureau
Why choose us for Car Rental in Vancouver Downtown
Wide Range of Vehicles
Our fleet comprises of newer quality vehicles of reliable brands. We offer compact, economy, mid-size cars, full-size cars, SUVs and passenger minivans.
Amazing Customer Service
Our goal is to make sure that your car rental experience is exceptional. Our cars are well-maintained to ensure your comfort and safety. Our customer support is always there to help.
Our location is conveniently located in Downtown Vancouver on Robson St. We rent cars for young and new drivers 18 years and above. Rent a car in Vancouver with cash or debit.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
To align their rules with the regulations of the pandemic, some car rental companies from Vancouver updated their vehicle cleaning and safety policies. It was primarily done to keep the services going despite the six-feet rule and the social distancing directive.
The car rental companies that have followed this directive include Independent Rent A Car, Thrifty, Alamo, and Dollar.
According to the updated policy, the cars will be cleaned after every ride.
You can choose from a wide range of cars while renting one in Vancouver.
To get a better understanding of the vast range, take a look at this:
● For renting an Economy category car, you will have to pay around 26 dollars each day.
● For renting a minivan, you will have to pay 28 dollars each day.
● For renting an open-air all-terrain car, you will have to pay 60 dollars each day.
Independent Rent a Car is one of the cheapest rental companies offering their services in Vancouver.
Most of their offers range between 25 dollars to 35 dollars for each day. The only exceptions are the full-size SUV category, luxury category, premium SUV category, and open-air all-terrain category. Renting these will cost you 74 dollars, 46 dollars, 76 dollars, and 60 dollars, respectively.
Economic category rentals charge the lowest at 26 dollars each day.
A car rental company is judged based on a few important factors like availability, accessibility, and reliability, and Independent Rent A Car tends to cover almost all of them.
- It’s a local company that is based out of Vancouver, BC.
- They offer a wide range of vehicles.
- Their services are available every day.
- They make sure that their experts are always available to help out the customers.
- Several payment options are available.
Gas prices tend to fluctuate now and then. However, on average, it ranges between 1.2 Canadian dollars to 1.5 Canadian dollars a liter.
To travel 200 kilometers, a car offering the fuel efficiency of 5 liters per 100 kilometers will consume 10 liters of gas, costing you around 13 Canadian dollars. If you make a round trip, the gas consumption and prices will be doubled, standing at 20 liters of gas and 26 Canadian dollars.
These rental cars are popular for their respective categories, according to the data provided by Independent Rent A Car:
- Economy: Honda Fit or Nissan Micra
- Intermediate: Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla
- Full-size: Honda Accord or Toyota Camry
- Economy-size SUV: Honda HRV or Nissan Qashqai
- Mid-size SUV: Nissan Rogue or Toyota RAV4
- 7-seater SUV: Honda Pilot or Toyota 4Runner
If you want to rent a car with winter tires instead of the regular ones, they will take care of it.
The car rental companies that are available onsite at the Vancouver International Airport (YVR) are Independent Rent A Car, Hertz, Thrifty, and Dollar.
One of the easiest ways to locate car rentals near you in Vancouver would be typing the same on the internet. As you get the results, check which one of them has the most ratings and whether the location seems convenient to you.
Independent Rent A Car, one of the leading car rental companies in Vancouver, is situated in Downtown Vancouver, on Robson Street, which makes it very easy to locate.
In Vancouver, Independent Rent A Car will let you hire their Intermediate category cars starting at 36 Canadian dollars per day. These are the features it offers:
- It can accommodate a maximum of five passengers.
- It includes a gearbox.
- It includes AC.
- Power locks, power mirrors, and power windows are available.
- AM/FM stereo is incorporated into the car.
- Front-wheel driving is available.
- A rear defroster is also fitted into the car.
Independent Rent A Car has tagged the starting price for their Compact car rental services at 41 Canadian dollars for a day. Its features are listed as follows:
- It has an automatic gearbox.
- It can make space for five people.
- It includes AC.
- Airbags are adjusted into the car.
- It has anti-lock brakes and an anti-theft system installed in the car, along with the rest of the available features for an Intermediate category rental car.
For their Economy category rental cars, Independent Rent A Car has started their prices from 32 Canadian dollars each day. Its features are listed below:
- It has an automatic gearbox.
- It can fit around 5 people.
- You can avail of the service of an air conditioner inside the car.
- It has airbags.
- You can use the AM/FM stereo service.
- A front-wheeldrive is an available option.
- It also features power locks, power mirrors, power windows, and a rear defroster.
Usually, the busiest streets tend to be the most popular rental car locations.
In Vancouver, one of the most popular rental car locations is 1431 Robson Street, Vancouver, BC, which is the address for Independent Rent A Car. Being a popular location, most people recognize the street at one go, making it easier for them to locate the place. It is open 7 days a week from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
This cost varies according to the category of car you rent.
- If you rent an Economy category car, it will cost you 32 Canadian dollars each day. Therefore, for a week, it will be 224 Canadian dollars.
- If you rent an Intermediate category car, it will cost you 36 Canadian dollars each day. Therefore, for a week, it will cost you 252 Canadian dollars.
- If you rent a Full-size category car, it will cost you 41 Canadian dollars each day. Therefore, for a week, it will cost you 287 Canadian dollars.
Like the previous question, the costs will vary for each category of cars.
- If you rent an Economy category car, it will cost you 32 Canadian dollars each day. Therefore, for a 30-day month, it will be 960 Canadian dollars.
- If you rent an Intermediate category car, it will cost you 36 Canadian dollars each day. Therefore, for a 30-day month, it will cost you 1080 Canadian dollars.
If you rent a Full-size category car, it will cost you 41 Canadian dollars each day. Therefore, for a 30-day month, it will cost you 1230 Canadian dollars
According to a survey, Ford Escape and Hyundai Sonata have been marked as the most recommended cars for driving on the streets of Vancouver.
The reasons behind the recommendation are given below:
- It is small enough to let you scooch through tiny lanes.
- It is big enough to accommodate five people along with their necessary belongings.
- It is a crossover or a CUV type of vehicle that is better than a sedan.
The average speed limit in Vancouver is 50 km/hr. It is the same for any other municipality in all of BC unless it is specifically mentioned.
- For freeway rural roads, it is 100-120 km/hr.
- For freeway urban roads, it is 60-100 km/hr.
- For divided highway rural roads, it is 80-110 km/hr.
- For undivided rural roads, it is 60-100 km/hr.
- For urban roads, it is 50 km/hr.
Gas prices in Vancouver are higher than most other less-inhibited states of British Columbia. The current gasoline price is 1.7 Canadian dollars per liter. If contrasted with the price of gas, as set in December 2020, it can be seen that the gas price has gone up by 0.3 Canadian dollars.
One of the prime reasons behind its expensive nature is that BC does not refine enough gasoline for its population, which is why they have to import an amount from their Albanian or American neighbors.
Stanley Park is voted as the place having the best parking facility in all of Vancouver. Usually, the parking rates are ranged from 1 Canadian dollar to 7 Canadian dollars per hour.
The following locations offer free parking in Vancouver:
- Vancouver Public Library
- Diamond Parking
- Kerrisdale Parkade
- Kitsilano Community Centre
- False Creek Ferries
- WestPark Parking Services
- False Creek Fishermen’s Wharf
- Marine Drive Station
- Pacific Central Station
- Mount Pleasant Community Centre