Renting a car in Vancouver can cost a lot, depending on where you go look for it – also consider the fact that prices fluctuate rapidly during busy times when demand might be higher than normal. To be able to get a good deal when you want to rent a car, you should be practical about your choices. You may have your heart set on a particular type or model of vehicle, but sometimes it’s a good idea to be open to compare prices for other models besides the one that would be your first choice.
To have a satisfactory result in your quest to rent an affordable car in Vancouver, you really get rewarded if you do your research. If you put in the effort, you should be able to get a very affordable deal on your car rental. Follow us as we share some of our tips with you:
1. Take time to conduct online research to be able to get the best deals from your Vancouver car rental agency. There are many specialized websites which regularly update information on the availability of the car of your choice. They also show you which of the car rentals that have the most affordable rental price.
2. Location can affect the cost. For example, it is general knowledge that a car rental outside airport locations charge less than its airport counterpart. However, if the location of the off-airport car rental is several kilometres away from where you are staying, you may have to opt for the closest one to you, even if it has higher prices. This is because you could end up spending a lot of money in an attempt to get the best rental car deal.
3. Read in between the lines. This is very important when you are star-struck by a car that looks cheaper than others. Find out if the cost to rent a car is really all that affordable with the attachment of taxes and hidden fees. By doing that, you will be safe from ugly surprises that can cost you more money than you bargained for.
4. To cut the cost of renting a car in Vancouver, book online. It is generally cheaper than booking on site because online quotes are usually lower. Luckily, many car rentals offer discounts on certain cars on their websites which you should benefit from if you hunt for them.
5. In all your online bookings, ensure you book early. You will save a lot of money versus late booking as short notice rentals usually see the price to rent a car skyrocket.
6. If you live in the United States or Canada, belonging to the Canadian or American Automobile Association (CAA/AAA) can help you cut cost. This is especially for people who need a child seat for their young travelling partners. Outside living in the U.S. or Canada, it will be worth the pain and savings when you travel with your own child seat if you want to take your child along.
7. Your smartphone can help you cut costs involved in renting a car. For instance, rather than use the services of an add-on like a GPS Navigation System which could cost more than C$10, install a free app such as MapQuest in your phone to enable GPS navigation functionalities.
It is possible to avoid paying too much for a rented car in Vancouver. By following our tips, we are sure you will always get the best deals.