Although Vancouver to Victoria is a short trip, it requires rigid planning and schedules. There are various terminals to follow and a handful of bridges to cross. The journey could take 75 to 90 minutes, and with the reliable services of a reputed car rental in Vancouver, BC, it might take even less.
Nevertheless, if you are planning a trip to the wonderland of Victoria, then you have several options for your transit. Below we are going to list every option you have along with their charges.
Reaching Victoria by a scheduled bus
Getting to Victoria on public transport like a city bus doesn’t quite seem like a wise decision, but it is an open option. Nearly every hour, a bus from Vancouver travels to Victoria, taking away several travelers with them.
Buses could get congested and crowded, and therefore a few people do not prefer this way of transportation. However, it costs relatively less than every other transportation mode, and hence it remains stuffed with tourists.
A regular city bus from the Bridgeport station can cost around:
- 5 dollars and 50 cents on weekdays before 6 pm.
- After 6 pm, the costs run down to 2 dollars and 75 cents.
- The rates go a little higher on weekends.
Vancouver to Victoria via rental cars
Renting cars has been by far the best transportation choice for a short trip from Vancouver to Victoria. Yes, cars indeed cost more than buses and other public transports, but they undoubtedly cover the discomfort and hassles of a regular public ride.
Renting a car seems wise and advantageous as it:
- It saves you from the discomfort of public transports.
- Allow you to connect to your trip individually via smooth rides.
Moreover, you can get cars at low prices as each season there happens to be a discount on car rental, Vancouver spree. You can take these discounts under consideration during the holiday season and plan out your trip. Here’s what an average trip to Victoria will cost you via car:
- Economy: This plan involves 2 adults and 2 bags with a fare of 22 dollars per day.
- Compact: This plan involves 4 adults and 4 bags with a fare of 24 dollars per day.
- Intermediate: This plan involves 5 adults and 3 bags with a fare of 23 dollars per day.
- Standard: This plan involves 5 adults and 3 bags with a fare of 24 dollars per day.
- Full-size: This plan involves 5 adults and 2 bags with a fare of 21 dollars per day.
- Minivan: This plan involves 5 adults and 5 bags with a fare of 28 dollars per day.
- Premium: This plan involves 5 adults and 5 bags with a fare of 25 dollars per day.
- Intermediate SUV: This plan involves 5 adults and 3 bags with a fare of 28 dollars per day.